dinsdag 20 september 2016

The Walking Dead season 2

See, I`m getting there with my backlog... right on time before season 7... I finished season 2.

I must admit, I`m not a "I must see this every week" fan of the series to be honest, and slowly began catching up on it.

Plot

The second season begins with Rick and his group of survivors leaving Atlanta. Carol's daughter Sophia is chased by two walkers and runs off into the woods.  During the search, Carl is accidentally shot by Otis, a farmhand from a nearby isolated farm owned by veterinarian Hershel Greene and his family.
The group tries to co-exist alongside Hershel's family, but dangerous secrets and disagreements over leadership cause tensions to rise.
When pressed, Hershel maintains that the infection that plagues the walkers is treatable and refuses to kill them. An angry and bitter Shane releases the walkers out of the barn, and the group opens fire. Sophia appears as one of the undead, and Rick shoots her.

With their location potentially threatened, with Shane and Rick having strong differences of opinion.
Rick decides he needs to execute Randall for the protection of the group, unaware Carl is watching. However, at that moment, Dale screams for help as he is attacked by a walker, one that Carl had the opportunity to kill but did not.  Shane attempts to use the distraction of the search to kill Rick, but Rick kills him first. As they camp that night, Rick reveals what Dr. Jenner told him at the CDC: that each and every one of them is already infected with the plague that has ravaged the world, and that dying for any reason will cause them to reanimate as a walker. A large prison looms in the distance.

Opinion

Okay, after the "What is going on" from season 1, this season has a feel of the people having to adapt to a very bad, dirty and dangerous world outside, and not every group copes with it the same as they learn from Randall.
The series also puts the tension between Rick and Shane to the top, and even though Shane is often portrayed as "the villain", for me he is just using another way to survive, driving in part by fear as it was the case with Otis, but in the end still had the group in mind.
Does this mean I`m a fan now?  No, even though it had some strong arcs and background stories like Sophia's fate, and I enjoyed watching it, I`m still not all wild about it.  I`ll catch up with the whole series in the end for sure, but I`ll be doing that on at my own speed.

Rating: 7 / 10


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten